[Squeakfoundation]re: Outstanding 3.4 bugs?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Mar 1 02:36:15 CET 2003

I agree this is the most important bug that's up for discussion about
3.4. I'm not sure it's worse than the 3.2 bug we're trying to solve
(public release doesn't include SM).

Opinions?

Suggestion - make 3.5 a very short release, consisting mainly of getting
as many fixes in as we can, and giving them a proper testing. It's an
opportunity for us Guides to warm up at doing the whole process
ourselves. I'm talking about a time scale of 1 month total - 2 weeks
alpha, 1 week beta, 1 week gamma, release. We start with specific, very
doable goals (maybe even decide in advance a prioritized list of fixes
we want to get in, not trying to catch up with everything that's up for
harvesting), and basically spill them all into the update stream on day
one, with the rest of the time for integration. Fixes that aren't ready
for integration (meaning, posted tested, and reviewed by someone) by the
end of week 1 will wait for 3.6.

Doug, guys, do you think this is reasonable? desirable?

Daniel