[Squeakfoundation]Collecting tests?

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Sat Mar 1 09:33:55 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 01:59:32AM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Why generate a class? this could make things hard to find. Just make a
> tool that adds a new method to "MiscTestCase". Maybe we won't accept
> this mess into the image <g>, but it makes adding a test trivial, and if
> it's good, it certainly can be maintained by someone on SM, and it's
> very easy to factor it out into it's own class in time.

Have you tried "Browser Unit Test Support" from SqueakMap?

This definitly is a step in the right direction:

 Author: Romain Robbes
 Maintainer: Romain Robbes

 This package adds a few buttons to the browsers in order to have a better
 integration of unit tests during class developpement. It enables you to
 easily switch back and forth from a class and it's unit test, allowing the
 same thing a the method level. It also adds a convenient way to run the
 test of the current class, giving automatic feedback to the user. Moreover,
 test creation is handled automagically if a class test/method test doesn't
 exist yet (don't worry, the choice is up to you :-)). Last and not least,
 it works for nearly all kinds of class browsers, and so integrates nicely
 with the RefactoringBrowser and the StarBrowser.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de