[Squeakfoundation]Re: Collecting tests?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 3 09:49:33 CET 2003

Hi all!

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:
> Hmm, +1, even better. Tests should have a fast track into the image.
> Guides, image stewards, what do you say ? Could [TEST]'s get added to the
> update stream on a weekly basis ?

(deep breath, think of fluffy clouds, deep breath again) :-)

Seriously:

We are all of us struggling to break the image apart into packages.
(pause to let that sink in)

Question: Why would we then want to add tests to the *image*?

Package, package, package, package, package. Please stop thinking in
terms of the image.
Of course, we can set up a fast track into a *package*. But not the
image.

regards, Göran

PS. Not at all annoyed - I was just trying to joke a bit and get some
attention to this IMHO fundamental mindset. :-)