[Squeakfoundation]Stewards and Squeak Packages

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 6 22:22:20 CET 2003

Hi!

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> Please review the following Swiki pages:
> "Core Packages" ( http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3084 )
> "3.4 Core Packages" ( http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3085 )
> "Stewards for Core Packages" ( http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3088 )

I looked them over and wrote two comments. Well, one on "Core packages"
and one somewhere else... Anyway, in short:

1. I disagree with the definition of "core package". Can be debated of
course.
2. I am a bit uneasy of these pages with long lists of
classes/categories. Are they really going to be kept updated? Consider
me skeptic.
3. I like the "Stewards" stuff. And Squeak estate is also a nice pun
with some meaning. But we may take it a bit easy on the signing up part.

I mean - we shouldn't just let "anyone" sign up as a Steward for a core
package without due discussion and some form of agreement on these
lists. I know we don't have a formal process or anything like that - but
still. you can't just grab something and call yourself a Steward.

If there is anything we Guides should take responsibility for then it is
to steer this process of dishing out Stewardships.

> I think that the "Stewards for Core Packages" page is a decent beginning for a Stewards sign-up sheet.

Yes, but I took the liberty of typing in a few remarks according to what
I wrote above. Ok?