[Squeakfoundation]RE: Your stewardship(s)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Mar 9 19:43:24 CET 2003

Hi Daniel,

> [Expectations from package maintainers]
> I think you present a very specific scenario for the "centralized
> maintainer".

You are right. This is why I said I would need a much clearer understanding
about it before I would be willing to join in. I have tried to look at it
from both sides - namely from the side of what someone might naively expect
from a steward and from the side in which I would feel comfortable with
those expectations. As you surely noticed the latter half of my message did
not take back anything from the expectactions but rather described an
environment in which people with limited resources might be able to handle
those.

> I think the most important thing to remember here is that everyone's
> here for fun, and the people that contribute are most used to seeing
> this as active fun. So the question is not "can we call them something
> formal so we can make various demands of them", but rather,
> "how can we make things more comfortable for them, so they'll continue
> to play in this sandbox".

Thanks. In this case I won't be any steward for a foreseeable time - after
all I feel much more comfortable without any such name tag.

Cheers,
  - Andreas