[Squeakfoundation]3.5 release timing (was Re: Outstanding 3.4 bugs?)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 10 09:50:39 CET 2003

Hi guys!

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 06:38 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>
> > Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So, unless there are major objections, we will go with the 1-month
> >> bugfix plan for 3.5.
> > I'll just raise again my objections to the idea that it is possible to
> > do any sensible beta in only a couple of weeks and any plausible gamma
> > ditto. If anyone tries to incorporate any new work whatsoever it will
> > completely blow the faintest possibility of success.
>
> Well, to be honest I am still somewhat on the fence about this.  (as
> far as a 1-month bugfix release being *really* necessary)

I would also be skeptic if it wasn't for the fact that the proposed "fix
release" is *very* limited in scope. It really should be named 3.4.1
IMHO. Anyway, as Daniel said, I follow Doug's lead on this - and I do
agree that we want a solid 3.4 because 3.5 will probably turn into
something really demanding. Just a hunch.