[Squeakfoundation]Re: 3.6 release plans ( Was: re: 3.5 release timing )

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Mar 10 19:41:24 CET 2003

> Brent Vukmer wrote:
>
> In case the 3.6 release plan becomes a feature in the 3.5 release, here are
> few initial ideas for 3.6:
> --removing Balloon3D
> --removing Celeste
> --removing the "Worlds of Squeak" project
>
> The Welcome window in 3.6 could have "quick-install-from-SqueakMap" active
> links for each of the packages/projects that is removed.

This stuff all sounds pretty reasonable, and I'm guessing we'd probably want
more removals and possibly other features beyond this.

However, I'm personally putting off discussing proposed content for the
post-3.5 release just for a few days, so that we can get the 3.5 plan
straightened out.  I imagine that once we start discussing this, it might
generate a *lot* of email, and I think it might be good to wait a few days
before opening the floodgates. ;-)

- Doug Way