[Squeakfoundation] Decision time: Are SCG the steward of thekernel as proposed?

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Mar 12 23:28:01 CET 2003

To add another reason againt a vote on this (not that I care very
strongly): I didn't see a need for it because I think we can send the
right message without providing an official moment of decision - after
all, people do take their risks whatever we might decide, even
officially.

If SCG fubars it, we won't merge their stuff. If they bring us good
patches (the much more likely outcome), we'll merge them whether they
have any "officially decided" status or not. Just remember this - once
we've made decisions on a topic, we'll always be making decisions on
that topic (paraphrasing Frank Herbert, in one of the Dune books). IMHO,
giving advice is worth doing permanently, giving official badges isn't.

Daniel