[Squeakfoundation] Decision time: Are SCG the steward of thekernel as proposed?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sat Mar 15 00:57:03 CET 2003

Hi all!

Ok, I got a "ok" from Tim by personal email (because I reminded him :-))
so that means we have:

5 yes
1 abstain

I know that this vote isn't that "important" and I know that the
community can still "accept" or "reject" work from SCG. But I still
think it is good to show the community where we stand and that SCG knows
they have our support in this.

Also note that when they get rolling and the kernel is being transformed
it will be harder and harder to "back out" if SCG would be moving in a
direction that we don't like. Note though that this is IMHO highly
unlikely. :-)

Fine then.

I will do a little (yes, nothing dramatic) post about this on squeak-dev
and do a CC personally to Alexandre Bergel.