[Squeakfoundation] Re: Shrinking alpha image (was Re: Proposal to get to the triad)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Mar 21 20:09:08 CET 2003

I'll tell you what I think is worth doing, which is what I intend to do
-
- Play an XP "customer" for anyone that wants to do something that I
think is important. By this I mean trying to find the "business value"
of different features in what they're doing, and helping to clarify
what's important. Where my added value is as someone in the "business"
of making Squeak better, not too technically involved in any specific
solution.
- Occaisonally start discussions about those larger, harder to integrate
pieces of work, like network rewrites, compiler changes and so forth.
Again, representing the position of how do we make Squeak better,
without getting into a mess.
- Raising awareness - both by summerizing what's been discussed, and by
following up on things that happen.

I don't think these roles are very coupled - we can definitely share in
them.

Daniel