[Squeakfoundation]Final steps for harvesting

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Mar 26 23:35:45 CET 2003

Okay, there seemed to be some agreement (and no disagreement at least)
to the items I mentioned below.

So, I'm going to start incorporating [approved] submissions, with the
3-day minimum delay.  We'll see if the 3-day delay is sufficient in
practice.  If someone else objects or adds further refinements to an
[approved] item before 3 days have passed (i.e. before it's
incorporated), I'll postpone incorporating the item until the issue is
resolved.

Also, since there were no comments about the approved tag, I'm going to
say that harvesters/guides/SqC should always use "[approved]", for
consistency's sake.  It'll make it easier for me to search for approved
items, and the brackets make it look more official, too.

When I incorporate a submission, I'll post an entry with something of
the form "[update - 5273]" in the parentheses.  Might as well include
the update number.  Since I'm doing that, I may not bother with the
[UPDATES] summary emails, since a batch of [update - ...] emails will
be coming through anyway.

Also, I will be approving items as a harvester, too.  I don't think
there's any sort of conflict of interest between these two roles, since
the rules for incorporating approved items is well-defined, so the role
of "incorporater" is pretty automatic.  The role of a harvester
involves some judgement, of course.

- Doug Way