[Squeakfoundation] re: Allow MIT-licensed code to be partof"SqueakOfficial"?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 17 00:55:07 CET 2003

> > ...if someone "extracts" something back out of Squeak he [should] be
> > bound by SqueakL. Otherwise, I guess there would be... a mess.
>
> 	If we want that, it seems to me we can only accept exclusively
> SqueakL-licensed code.

Not necessarily. There is SM after all. If a package is at SM under some
license you can get it from there under the license you want. This would
simplify the in-image situation slightly. E.g., a simple bottom line might
be that whatever gets shipped with the Squeak image comes under Squeak-L. If
you don't like that, go to SM and see if there's another license, and if so,
download and install on your own.

For dual-licensed packages this would be trivial. For those which aren't we
can still sublicense the package under Squeak-L if the original license
allows it.

Cheers,
  - Andreas