[Squeakfoundation] SmaCC-Development (was: Allow MIT-licensed code to be partof"SqueakOfficial"?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Nov 23 22:53:07 CET 2003

This could go either way.  The ability to change the old compiler was
built-in to the Basic release before, so perhaps SmaCC-Development
should be part of the Basic release.  On the other hand, it is easily
available from SqueakMap, and relatively few developers will want the
convenience of having it built in to Basic.

I think it probably should be part of Basic (eventually), but until we
have SM 2.1 with configurations and have the Basic image split up into
packages/modules, it's probably more trouble than it's worth to include
it.  (It would need to be another in-image package.)

- Doug