[Squeakfoundation]3.6 final release preparation

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Oct 2 01:31:20 CEST 2003

Just some notes on what we need to do for the 3.6 release.

- Planned release date this Friday Oct 3rd ("first friday"), or
thereabouts.

- I will prepare final image(s). (just the gamma images with welcome
windows tweaked again)

- 3.6 VMs should be ready... VM maintainers will need to provide a
version to include.  (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux at least)

- 3.6 bundles from final full-images & VMs will need to be created, and
the squeak.org downloads page updated.  Bruce has coordinated this in
the past, I believe.  Also probably add a small comment/link somewhere
to a basic image. (The download-page-as-swiki-page idea will have to
wait for now.)

- After the downloads page is updated, Cees will do the usual
PR/announcements about the release.  Will need a 3.6 release blurb for
this... this could be put together from the release info I put on this
page: http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/79

Let me know if I forgot anything. :-)

- Doug