[Squeakfoundation]3.6 final release preparation

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Oct 3 01:47:09 CEST 2003

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 05:08 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Hi Doug and all!
>
> Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> [SNIP]
>> Let me know if I forgot anything. :-)
>
> Sounds dandy! Two things:
>
> 1. Posted a FIX just now that... well, it is called findStringFix. Are
> we too late in the game? It really does remove a potential scary bug in
> SM.

Hmm, perhaps a bit too late.  It sounds like this is more of a
potential bug, not one that we've actually seen for sure?  I don't
really know, though.

> 2. How about a IRC-release-party?! I think it would be fun. You Doug
> could post an IRC-invitation to the list with a time interval where
> people can hang out on the Squeak-channel, pop the bubbly water and
> simply chat a while.

That might be a good idea!  Sometime this weekend would be good...
maybe Sunday?  Ideally it should be immediately after the squeak.org
downloads page is updated to 3.6.  I'm still coordinating things,
though, and I want to make sure the release actually happens before
announcing the release party. ;-)

- Doug