[Squeakfoundation]Abut harvesting

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Oct 6 19:49:13 CEST 2003

Hi guides

I want to bring up some issues about harvesting. The only thing now
that I can tell is that (we discussed about that with marcus) is that
there is not enough people looking at the changes and there is not
enough harvesters because both of us are bad in concurrency, network,
morph, etoy. Therefore we can spend hours looking at code without
getting something done. So I do not really know how far we can go like
that.

I was thinking that we could have tags for the enh/fix [Concurrency]
[Morph] []
so that we can dispatch them to a coherent stream.

We will try with marcus to go over all the fix pending since january
2003 but I think that we should have a better commitment (easy to say).

Then there is the problem of KCP: if daniel is swamped and nobody looks
at the change I do, they will not get
harvested. Luckily for those one, I have the impression that this is
really the space in with marcus evolve.
So I do not know what to do  but I have the impression that we should
have a call of harvester in dedicated areas.
else we will lose a lot of good stuff.

I would like from you guide to set up a focus. If you say ok guys now
the key think is the babel stuff.
Then let us stop the rest and fix, evaluate babel. I have the
impression that if we work on target-based we can get more good feeling
to have achieve something. Having no pending fix is good too but ...

stef