[Squeakfoundation]The Harvesting process and the BFAV

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Oct 17 15:59:58 CEST 2003

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 01:47:31PM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > That won't work, because we can only look at a tiny portion of the
> > posts. Effectively, this means that everyone has commit access. No open
> > project that I know of works like this.
> >
> I don't think that we should allow anyone to do everything.
>
> It would be nice to relax the harvesting-requirements on "trusted"
> people. e.g. if Ned or Anreas do some Morphic changes, there is
> really no way we can really review them. (I can't).

I think the best answer is to focus on "staking out" packages. If
Morphic was Stewarded by Ned (or Andreas) this would IMHO mean that Ned
has full commit power to Morphic (no reviewing) and if people submit
FIXes to Morphic then typically Ned would harvest them, and possibly
also do much of the reviewing himself.

So in short - let's stake out the image. And then I think the problem
will gradually "go away".