[Squeakfoundation]The Harvesting process and the BFAV

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Oct 21 14:03:11 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 03:03:34PM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Did you read my first reply on this thread? I do agree that any work
> wholly seen by two different people should be considered "reviewed".
>
> BTW, I agree with Goran and Avi that probably the best way to
> get a more parallel process is for people to homestead pieces of the
> image. What do you think it would take to make that work?

Ok, yes, I think we should try that.

The problem we have now with managing packages "outside" is that
even if the packages get maintained on SM, they need to go
throug the update stream if they should appear in the image...

We need to have a system that allows maintainers to update packages
completely independed wrt the update-stream, but nevertheless be
as good as the update-stream in the sense that changes get installed
automatically.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de