[Squeakfoundation]The Harvesting process and the BFAV

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Oct 24 15:16:06 CEST 2003

I think the fact that packages don't get automatically updated when
their author updates them is a good thing. An author has the
responsibility to develop his package, with regard to its own
development cycle. So he should sometimes post a version to give it more
testing even if he wouldn't want it to be used by all squeakers.

Seems like a pretty easy way to deal with this is for maintainers (or
anyone else) to occaisonally post a message like "[FIX] Update to
MyPackage 1.02", when it turns out that version is stable enough. I
think these should be included quite easily, the author is responsible
for it working well enough, we are only responsible for integration.
Note that since we now have a version aware SM2 Package Loader, 1.02
need not be the current version...

BTW, have you guys tried the SM2 Package Loader? when do you think we
should make 3.7 include it by default instead of SM Package Loader?

Daniel