[Squeakfoundation][Fwd: Re: installing squeak on Debian Woody]

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Sep 2 02:20:49 CEST 2003

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Which again raises the question:
>
> what ever happened to the new all dancing and singing download page
> Andreas proposed a while ago?
>
> I'm gonna raise this issue every time people trying to run Squeak on
> Linux have problems ;-)

I'm gonna ignore this issue every time the people in question have been
unable to find an solution to their problem at www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak ;-)

I agree that the current (diverse, hopelessly contradictory and
inconsistent) Unix-related information on the Swiki and (to a lesser
extent) at squeak.org is confusing.  But (1) none of it was put there by
me and (2) my site has been available since before the first "helpful Unix
page" was added.

Just about the only pieces of information in the whole Swiki mess
surrounding Unix "issues" are the first line of "Other Info" at the bottom
of

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2961

and the very first line at the top of

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/298

If someone creates that initial "song and dance" download page, and
deletes all the other junk that's lying around, I'll (more than) happily
fill in the Unix details.  Just send me the URL, once it's created.

Hmm, I think the Unix song and dance will be in the key of... d-moll.
(When it comes to getting serious about music, German is definitely the
language of choice. ;)

Ian