[Squeakfoundation][Fwd: Re: installing squeak on Debian Woody]

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Sep 2 10:56:25 CEST 2003

Hi guys!

I don't want to stop you from doing these things - anything that is
better than the current situation is ... well, better. :-)

I just want to throw my little log into the fire too:

I have from the start imagined that SM could catalog other things than
Squeak code packages. Squeak images, good websites for Squeakers and of
course VMs come to mind.

That would (eventually) get us a canonical place to look for new VMs
etc. And since I am planning a simple nice API for doing releases and
other modifications to the map in a distributed manner - it should
*eventually* (yes, not tomorrow) be very simple for Ian and other port
maintainers to script their entries in SM2. No boring HTML forms to fill
out.

And each such entry also (as packages have today) has a homepage so when
the links etc don't suffice, Ian's (or Andreas' or any other nice
homepage) homepage is only a click away.

As I said, just wanted to mention it.