Simply Seeking Syllabus for 5th-8th Grade Squeaking

Origbj at aol.com Origbj at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 22:55:53 PDT 2001

My name is BJ Conn and I teach 4th and 5th grade at the Open Charter School.
I have had 2 years experience using Squeak in my class of 62 kids.  I would
suggest that you work with the kids in pairs as it is great when they can
problem solve together.  I have some activities you might be interested in,
but one in particular that involves creating a car and programing the car to
drive itself along a road, leads to the kids creating their own race car and
racing against each other.  It is really motivating for the kids and could be
great for your age group as well.