Where are the rules for this list?

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 07:10:32 PDT 2001

=> 4/30/01 4:08:31 AM EDT, csawtell at xtra.co.nz =>
<< Is this the list for _absolute_ beginners at squeaking? >>

Well, I've just made my first error reply to this list. Arrgghh!

I naively thought I was replying to the Squeak Mailing List. What I said
previously applies to that list.

Squeakland.org is new, and as far as I  know, has not been formally
announced. So what its function, community, and future is may have to play
out for a while.

I can say this much: at the current time, the Squeakland mailing list has not
generated much traffic.

Those who are interested in Squeak, and how one develops material using
Squeak, particularly those having a programming background and/or
orientation, would probably benefit from some exposure to the primary Squeak
communication resources (Squeak.org as a starting point, along with the
Squeak Mailing List which contains the day to day conversation of Squeak
explorers and researchers, and the Squeak Swiki (minnow.cc.gatech.edu/Squeak)
which contains a more distilled and organized compilation of Squeak
information).

I would be interested in seeing posting to this Mailing List by the
originators of Squeakland.org, as to what their opinions are on submissions
to the mailing list, and also pointers on Squeak development approaches
considered appropriate for beginners.

Good luck,
Jerry.