I don't know

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Dec 3 05:57:18 PST 2001

Right now it is a "Squeak.org" thing only (not for squeakland.org
folks). It was just a demo of antialiased fonts, and doesn't actually
have an editor attached to it. But you can copy it using the green
handle, and change the string that is displayed by clicking on the
debug handle (the one with the little wrench) and choose "inspect".
In the inspector that appears you can click on "string" in the left
pane to see the string that is being put into TrueType. You can
change this string in the right pane and "accept it" with a cmd-s.
Then, I think if you move or adjust the size of the morph, the new
string should appear.

Direct editing of TrueType fonts is very desirable and is "on a list"
of things to do. Tansel Ersevas of SqueakNews uses these for all of
his titles --  BTW very worthwhile looking at for ideas and examples
of active essays -- and they are not too onerous for just that.

Cheers,

Alan

-----