[EDUCATION] Porting new wine into old bottles

Edwin Pilobello edwinp13 at home.com
Sun Sep 9 01:03:48 PDT 2001

IT WORKS!  Thanks for manually subscribing me to this list, Michael!

Now I can add an after thought.

I would rather use SQUEAK than MicroWorlds because it is FREE and can do
more.

Schools and parents love FREE.  Students, on the other hand, have a
different opinion because SQUEAK will not FREE them from homework.  The old
excuse of Mac in School versus PC at home, doesn't work with SQUEAK nor
MicroWorlds.

IMO, this is a powerful paradign.  In one pass, we could eliminate the two
largest edu-tech stumbling blocks...licensing cost and cross platform
portability.

I'm just hoping that there's enough memory in those PowerMac 7200's to run
the plug-in.

I am excited!

:-)  Edwin Pilobello
Instructor, Saturday Academy