More on dowloaded projects (Ballistic)

Frank Caggiano caggiano at crystal-objects.com
Sun Apr 21 20:40:39 PDT 2002

One more time,

After a good nights sleep and a bit of poking around I found the
'projects' menu and used that to publish my project to
Squeakland-projects.  It all seemed to go OK. After it loaded I went to
http://squeakland.org:8080/super/gallery and the project was listed (the
project's name is Ballistic).  (I still have questions about the .pr
file format and why if I load it an the gif to my website The project
fails to load).

I clicked on the gif and the project loaded. It all appeared fine until
I tried the 'toss' button.  First I get an alert from squeak 'nil not
found in the SoundLibrary'. I click OK and then I get an error box
'MessageNotUnderstood; SetX:'.

The script associated with the 'toss' button was written textually
because of the need to use  'sin' and 'cos' and I couldn't figure out a
way to do that with graphical scripting. The toss button is setting the
x and y of the ball morph. I came up with SetX: as the way to access
ball's x textually by first doing it graphically and then clicking on
the box to show the text for the code. All the other morphs seem to be
OK, the reset button, the sliders and the radio buttons all work as they
should and make the correct sounds.

All this works on my local machine loading locally into my browser (NS
4.7). Any and all comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

regards
--
Frank Caggiano				"The best education for the best
caggiano at crystal-objects.com		is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html