missing tiles in Plugin?

Scott Wallace scott at squeakland.org
Wed Apr 24 00:10:02 PDT 2002

Anindita,

The distinguishing factor is the "eToyFriendly" preference, which is
true by default in the plug-in image but false by default in the
mainstream 3.2 and 3.3 images.

When this preference is true, a special filter is applied to suppress
certain items from viewers.

The filter is defined in EToyVocabulary.phraseSymbolsToSuppress; its
comment explains how this filter came to be:

phraseSymbolsToSuppress
	"Answer a dictatorially-imposed list of phrase-symbols that
are to be suppressed from viewers when the eToyFriendly preference is
set to true.  This list at the moment corresponds to the wishes of
Alan and Kim and the LA teachers using Squeak in school-year 2001-2"

... and in the code of the method you will see the specific items
that are suppressed in eToyFriendly-mode.

For your own purposes, you could modify this method any way you
prefer, thus changing the filtering policy.  To have *no* filtering,
either set eToyFriendly to false, or else modify
#phraseSymbolsToSuppress so that it returns an empty collection.

Cheers,

   -- Scott