Book for gifted 12 year old.

Christopher Sawtell csawtell at paradise.net.nz
Thu Aug 22 11:37:43 PDT 2002

Kim Rose wrote:
> Hi, Christopher -
> Is she using the 'etoy' /programming with tiles interface or other
> interface in Squeak?
> Kim

Oh yes, and enjoying it greatly! And since I showed her the button in
the square at the top of the scripting panel, she clicks in there after
almost operation with a tile to see what the computer has put into her
script!

Out of the run-of-the-mill mold, this child is not!

What I'm really looking for is a book / paper / www site which explains
how to use the various browsers, and yet is written in such a way that
it neither assumes that you have already had years of experience with
computers, nor are a rather dim 6 or 7 year old.

I know that such a book is probably not available, because I spent most
of yesterday afternoon on Amazon.com looking for something which might
be appropriate, but was disappointed. It would seem that there might be
niche waiting to be filled.

I did however order a copy of your book for myself, I look forward to
reading it.

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell.