Are there any folks on the Squeak list who are either ...

Steve Cline cline at acm.org
Wed Jul 3 15:51:20 PDT 2002

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> I am a home-schooling father of 8. I would love to see the home-school
> community adopt Squeak and use it to create home-schooling educational
> materials. There is little educational software I see that could be
> done as well and better in a living interactive system like Squeak.
>
> As I get more up to speed on Squeak and passed a few current projects
> I hope to actively promote Squeak to home-schoolers.
>
> My oldest son (13) is currently going thru the Object-land (yellow)
> Squeak book. After that I'll send him thru the white book.

I too am a home-schooling father of 8, though not on a compressed
schedule as you (oldest is 19 this fall).  I have not yet done more with
squeak than show the kids the bunny tutorial, but I would also be
interested in getting more involved with home-school materials.

Steve Cline     cline at acm.org   on-site:scline at ksc.com
Object Bodies and Parts, Inc.   http://www.objectbap.com  Raleigh, NC
"Do what's right, and try to get along with people, in that order"
 - Ezra Taft Benson