Fill in the Blank

Madhumathi Rao Madhumathi.Rao at diamondcluster.com
Thu Jun 6 14:16:51 PDT 2002

I think this is another possibility....

"Music is no more in the piano than wisdom is in the computer"

I think qualities like wisdom,logic, intelligence, passion are inherent to
people. The computer enables us to apply these qualities to build
day-to-day solutions.

Thanks,
Madhu

                      "Edwin Pilobello"
                      <e_pilobello at attbi.c        To:       <squeakland at squeakland.org>
                      om>                         cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  RE: Fill in the Blank
                      owner-squeakland at squ
                      eakland.org

                      06/06/2002 12:24 PM
                      Please respond to
                      squeakland

No John, I thought I would have, but I haven't.  We all know it's a
tool, an amplifier, a store of knowledge, a processor.  It's just paper
weight without software.  Yet this "Man of the Year" seems to escape the
one word that separates it from its creator.

I can still write up a course description and express (in about 2.5
column inches) that the class is an introduction to the dynabook
paradigm.  Looks like I'm going to have to give it an inch to frame the
thought.

This sure kept me up last night.  No complaints though, it's been a
delightful thought process.

So far the choices are (in alphabetical order) : abstraction,
creativity, intelligence, knowledge, nous.

I've pondered : truth, spirit and combinations of the above.

Cheers,
Edwin