Summer Camp

Edwin Pilobello e_pilobello at attbi.com
Mon Jun 10 12:18:45 PDT 2002

I'm exploring.

Based on the Dynabook paradigm, what sort of activities would you
propose for a Computer Summer Camp?

I can imagine several behavior objectives for each activity.
1. The student will be willing to discover what the computer can do.
(amplify, entertain, automate, etc.)
2. The student will seek to master the tool (software and interface :
i.e. robotics)
3. The student will learn to accept and deal with bugs (OS, hardware,
software, programming)
4. The student will use Object Oriented principles.
5. The student will seek for collaboration.

Sounds almost like a life-skills curriculum, doesn't it?  Anyway, I'm
certain there are lots of things you see that I don't.

What would you add?

Cheers,
Edwin Pilobello
Instructor, Saturday Academy