Summer Camp

Kim Rose Kim.Rose at viewpointsresearch.org
Tue Jun 11 08:11:54 PDT 2002

Hi -
As far as recruiting more girls, I wouldn't call it
"programming".....I think the word holds certain connotations for
girls which are unattractive.
The other thing to think about is this, perhaps -- are the kids
learning "computer" or are they *using* the computer to learn about a
variety of areas/subjects, or to construct/create ideas, artifacts,
etc.??, i.e., how can we use computers as the means and not the end?
  -- Kim