Hello. My name is Thom Gillespie. I write for a magazine

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Fri Mar 15 13:04:36 PST 2002

Sorry, I mist your point.

I agree with you that education is not offering them a mess of electronic
documents on the web. (No one would suggest in the past to give them a
complete encyclopedia to find out it all by themselves instead of lessons,
but now with ICT some schools organise search activities on the web in this
unstructured way.)

Instead of offering them only resources, you should organise it a little:
- start with introduction texts or webpages
- then offer them thematic organised links on the web
- then let them (thematic) find new links on the web
- BUT DO NOT FORGET TO TEACH THEM HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF RESOURCES YOU
CAN TRUST ON THE WEB AND HOW YOU CAN FIND OUT IF YOU CAN TRUST NEW
RESOURCES...
- let them annotate that link with their comments (opinion and believed
trust.)
(Nothing new: we teach the same in massamedia classes around radio,
television...)

The last Bastion of the old book publishers is that their name on the book
(or the website) stands for controlled quality.