[Q] adding tiles to Plugin?

Anindita anindita at media.mit.edu
Wed May 15 20:58:21 PDT 2002

Hi,

I was just trying to add tiles and categories to the Plugin and the
solution that worked for Squeak 3.x for some reason doesn't seem to be
working. . .

Basically, I tried the original solution-- wrote a method under
Player>>scripts-standard and added an entry into Morph class>>
additionsToViewerCategories, but no new tiles appeared.  It was a command,
not a slot tile, so I'm pretty sure I wrote everything in the right
places.  Then to debug this (in case my method was buggy), I tried to just
move some tiles around, so something that's normally under miscellaneous
would be under basic-- copied and pasted between
additionsToViewerCategoriesMiscellaneous and Basic, but nothing moved in
the viewer.  I think I'm missing a step somewhere.  Finally, I tried to
add a new viewer category by writing an additionsToViewerCategoriesX and
adding it into additionsToViewerCategories, but when it appeared, it
wasn't part of the main group of categories.  It was separated by a line,
like the text category.  And again, none of the new tiles appeared.  What
are the other classes I need to modify in order to add tiles and modify
categories in the Plugin?

Thanks!

Anindita