conversion files and older projects

John Steinmetz johns at cloud80.net
Sat Nov 16 08:04:48 PST 2002

I think many of us have dealt with these version incompatibility
problems. I designed a tutorial once that soon after became obsolete
because it wouldn't run in the newer version of Squeak (and this was
before there were plugins to consider). I never got around to
re-authoring it in the newer version. Even if I had done so, it
probably wouldn't run now.

That's just one minor story, but it points to an obstacle to one of
our main goals for Squeak: to develop a literature. I hope that some
of you who are working on infrastructure will talk with each other
and with users about this obstacle and how to make it smaller.

Thanks to everyone for the conversation and for the cool developments!

	John