Text fields that you can't resize in stacks

Mark Guzdial guzdial
Fri Apr 18 14:53:33 PDT 2003

I've now replicated the bug that I mentioned earlier, and I've found
a fix, too.

- Create a new stack (drag one out from the stack tools flap)
- Add a background text field (again from stack tools)
- Select the text in the background text field.  Type alot -- enough
that it would extend past the end of the card if it were in a line
(see the picture attached).
- Now, bring up the halos on the background text field so that you
can resize it to make it look nice.  KERBLAM!  The size becomes
larger than the card, you can't move the yellow halo, and you can't
pick it up to drag it out of the card to fix (as in the attached
picture).

The fix is:
- Add a new card to your stack.
- On the new card, you can select the background text field AND
CHANGE THE YELLOW HALO.  Move it inside the card boundary.
the next page.

Mark