ResourceMap?

Michael Rueger m.rueger
Fri Apr 18 14:53:36 PDT 2003

Mark Guzdial wrote:

> I just loaded in all new 3.1 updates, and I noticed that when I
> published my projects now, a "resource map" is created.  Do I need to
> upload this to the server, too, for plugins to work?  What is this
> thing?

There have been some changes in the way projects are stored. Resources
(images esp. compressed ones) are now stored externally while preserving
their original compression and loaded on demand. That is the effect you
see when loading a project containing images.
No need to worry about any of the "magical" files created in the
process, both the standalone and the plugin versions handle these
correctly. Well, at least they should ;-)

Michael