introduction, graduate study?

Doreen Nelson doreennelson
Fri Apr 18 14:53:40 PDT 2003

Not sure where you live and if you are interested in having an experience
with k-12 education.  Check out www.citybuildingeducaton.org. and our MA
degree in Design Based Learning. You'll find test results and examples of
citizen building.  We have a project in Japan, and one with kids who were
expelled from high school, and are doing a project with the Art Center
College of Design in Pasadena.  Lots of diversity.

I too have been a watcher with Squeak as I've seen it develop since I've
worked with Alan Kay. You'll see references to Alan.... he used this
methodology in his Vivarium project. I think Squeak is brilliant and would
like to apply it to my methodolgy.

Feel free to contact me after you have a look.  A new group starts in
January 2002.
Doreen Nelson, prof, California State Polytechnic University, at Pomona