Hello. My name is Thom Gillespie. I write for a magazine

Christopher Sawtell csawtell
Fri Apr 18 14:54:03 PDT 2003

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl wrote:
> A story:
>
> Filters at home and at school?

Yes. Let me put you in the local picture a bit. Recently here in NZ
there has been a fairly full on witch-hunt looking for people who abuse
their Internet access at work, and a fair number of people have lost
their jobs. In this context, which is rammed into the consciousness
almost daily by the mass media, I think it's little wonder that an
intelligent and sensitive lad feels that he would prefer not to have the
worry of having pornographic images suddenly popping up on the screen
when he is using the Internet. I think he must have either made a typing
error or gone to an old site, which had been abandoned and replaced with
an automatic forward. Anyway he found himself at a particularly
revolting pornsite which used JavaScript to re-program the buttons so
that it was impossible to either leave the site or to close the browser
window. As a result I am putting SquidGuard on the cache. Don't worry,
when he is older we will "open the floodgates".

I just wish that the porno broadcasters could be compelled to use a port
number other than 80 while they are exercising their right to free-speech.