[Help] How do I open the picture/image catalogue

Scott Wallace scott
Fri Apr 18 14:54:03 PDT 2003

At 10:42 AM +0100 3/21/02, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>I'm rushing to do a presentation (Active Essay Style)
>for tomorrow and I can't find the picture/image catalogue anymore.
>
>Where do I find it?

Hi, Hannes.  Perhaps what you're remembering is the little tool you
get from halo menu of any SketchMorph when you select "choose new
graphic"?

>How can I easily access the central picture/image store (dictionary)?

There is a repository used by morphic for various standard graphics;
it is an IdentityDictionary using symbols for keys.  You can add
entries to it, and retrieve entries from it.

To look at this repository interactively, evaluate "ScriptingSystem
inspectFormDictionary" -- available in the "do..." menu.

Look in category "form dictionary" of class StandardScriptingSystem
for the methods you can call to put and get graphics from this
repository programatically.

HTH.

   -- Scott