[Q] adding new tiles?

Anindita anindita
Fri Apr 18 14:54:05 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'd like to add a few tiles to the TextMorph viewer and I was wondering
where I can write the code to do this.  I've looked through
Morphic-Kernel, Morphic-Basic, Morphic-Text Support and Morphic-Scriptors,
etc. to try to find where tile functions are defined and how tiles are
created, but I've been getting a little bit lost in all of the methods.

I saw some methods under TextMorph's "scripting access" that match the
text-specific viewer tiles.  Can I just add a few methods there and have
them automatically tiled and added to textmorph viewers or is there a
more involved multi-layer process?

I also saw that many of the viewer tile scripts are defined in
Morphic-Scripting Player. . . again, is this the place to define new
methods to create new tiles?

Thanks,

Anindita