Newby need for help

Anindita anindita
Fri Apr 18 14:54:06 PDT 2003

Hi Alan,

I think the best way to get started with Squeak is through tutorials and
by looking through examples.

The Squeakland site has some tutorials for getting started with etoys and
active essays, while squeak.org goes deeper into Smalltalk.  I'd recommend
starting with some of the etoys and active essay step throughs on
squeakland.org, then to switch over to
http://www.squeak.org/documentation/index.html to try some Smalltalk.  I
found John Maloney's tutorials to be especially helpful.  The Georgia Tech
Squeak Swiki http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ also has a ton of helpful
links and tutorials.

Naala Brewer has written a couple of tutorials also, more on etoys, doing
things like animations and making Pong, and she has many student projects
posted at: http://www.csac.chem.ku.edu/SqueakProjects

Bob's Super Swiki also has a repository of projects:
http://209.143.91.36/super/

Squeak is good in that you can get into it quickly and make things happen,
even though there's a lot to explore.

Good luck!

Anindita