Summer Camp

Edwin Pilobello e_pilobello
Fri Apr 18 14:54:12 PDT 2003

Exactly.  There's a world of difference between the applications
approach and hard-core programming.  Consequently, menus and property
lists will only take you so far.  As soon as scripting becomes an issue,
then so does computer science.

Cheers,
Edwin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-squeakland at squeakland.org
[mailto:owner-squeakland at squeakland.org] On Behalf Of Kim Rose
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 7:12 AM
To: squeakland at squeakland.org
Subject: RE: Summer Camp

Hi -
As far as recruiting more girls, I wouldn't call it
"programming".....I think the word holds certain connotations for
girls which are unattractive.
The other thing to think about is this, perhaps -- are the kids
learning "computer" or are they *using* the computer to learn about a
variety of areas/subjects, or to construct/create ideas, artifacts,
etc.??, i.e., how can we use computers as the means and not the end?
  -- Kim