Are there any folks on the Squeak list who are either ...

Alan Kay Alan.Kay
Fri Apr 18 14:54:17 PDT 2003

Thom --

I don't know of any, but it would be a very interesting collection of
venues to investigate.

Currently, we think that most people need a fairly detailed guide
about projects, the system, the significance, etc. There are
interesting real-estate limitations and other distractions from
today's screens that make creating a separate "good old paper" book
about this to be a worthwhile project. We're in the process of doing
this over the summer, and will start sharing drafts of several
documents in a few months. In any case, we will also supply this
material as active essays online.

Given our pretty successful school year just completed, I think the
biggest gap to be closed right now is to give more people more of the
information and context they need to start trying this stuff for
themselves.

P.S. We are also very interested in home-schoolers, who also use
libraries and online a lot ....

Cheers,

Alan

------