Are there any folks on the Squeak list who are either ...

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin
Fri Apr 18 14:54:17 PDT 2003

I am a home-schooling father of 8. I would love to see the home-school
community adopt Squeak and use it to create home-schooling educational
materials. There is little educational software I see that could be done
as well and better in a living interactive system like Squeak.

As I get more up to speed on Squeak and passed a few current projects I
hope to actively promote Squeak to home-schoolers.

My oldest son (13) is currently going thru the Object-land (yellow)
Squeak book. After that I'll send him thru the white book. He is very
interested in Squeak and just enjoys playing around in it.

I have not yet taken him to any of the Squeakland pages or materials.

I have pretty good influence at our smalltown public library. At one
point I did all of the computer tech support, installed software, did
backups, maintained hardware, setup network, etc. We have a new
librarian and I no longer do such, but never-the-less I have their
respect. My employer is also the President of the Library board.

For a smalltown (1700+ pop) library we are doing quite well. About
30,000 volumes and close to a dozen computers, a few of which are solely
for staff. The library also has a t1 line (I think).

Jimmie Houchin

Alan Kay wrote:
[snip]

> P.S. We are also very interested in home-schoolers, who also use
> libraries and online a lot ....
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan
[snip original message]