New version

John Voiklis voiklis
Fri Apr 18 14:54:18 PDT 2003

Uh oh, this doesn't work with project swiki. I will write to the PWS list as
well.

--J

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-squeakland at squeakland.org
[mailto:owner-squeakland at squeakland.org]On Behalf Of Michael Rueger
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 2:26 AM
To: Squeak; squeakland at squeakland.org; squeaknews at squeakland.org
Subject: New version

Hi all,

first my apologies for the long delay in getting the new version up and
running. But, it's finally there :-)

What's new:
- new plugin version, now based on the Squeak 3.2 final release and the
newest VMs
- support for Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher
- support for Netscape 6/7 (there might be problems though if you are
behind a proxy or firewall)
- support for Mozilla 1.0 (there might be problems though if you are
behind a proxy or firewall)
- web site should render ok in most browsers. Please let me know if
anything is broken in your browser (most often an offset in the menu
roll-over)

We do not have native Mac OS-X support yet, but it should work fine in
OS 9 classic mode.
The *ix version is not ready yet, but there are links to the current
Squeak versions etc. for brave souls to explore.

You need to download and install the new version, but you don't need to
uninstall older versions. Can't hurt if you do though.

Please let me know if you run into any problems, there are just too many
browser and OS versions out there.

Michael

P.S. Apologies if you receive this message more than once, I bcc
everybody who had sent me a note about problems with the old version.
This is the only time these addresses will be used.