Book for gifted 12 year old.

Frank Caggiano caggiano
Fri Apr 18 14:54:22 PDT 2003

I have found many of the books written for Logo to be useful with
Squeak. They are a good source of project ideas and teaching strategies.

Four that I have found to be extremely useful are: 'Approaching
Precalculus Mathematics Discretely', 'Exploring Language with Logo',
'Teaching with Logo' and 'Visual Modeling with Logo'.

'Teaching with Log' by Molly and Daniel Watt is a wonderful source of
ideas on how to run a computer class with kids. In fact it's a great
source for teaching ideas in general.

'Visual Modeling with Logo' by James Clayson is a wonderful book on many
levels.
It was written as a text for a course Mr. Clayson was given on visual
thinking. Logo was picked as the language to do the modeling in but
Squeak would work as well.

Unfortunately many of the Logo books are out of print. Any good library
should have some of these and you can sometimes find used copies on the
net. A few were printed by MIT Press and they have a service that allows
you to buy bound photocopied versions of some of these.

regards
--
Frank Caggiano				"The best education for the best
caggiano at crystal-objects.com		is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html