Is it alive?

NAGAYAMA toru
Fri Apr 18 14:54:26 PDT 2003

From: Kim Rose <Kim.Rose at viewpointsresearch.org>

Hi, Squeakers -

We are alive, just been really busy getting ready for "back to
school", etc. as I am sure all of you have been.    I have been
wanting to write a "Back to School"/Fall message to the group but my
time has been too short.

Alan [Kay] and I are currently in Japan at the invitation of Kyoto
University and others.  You may be interested in learning that the
Kyoto City Schools are starting something they are initially calling
the "Alan Kay Project" next spring and will pilot the use of Squeak
in 6 Kyoto schools; 2 Elementary, 2 Middle Schools and 2 High
schools.  We are here to show some possibilities and discuss the
foundation(s) for this new project.

I hope your Fall is off to a good start.

Please let us know if/how you are using Squeak with kids, other
teachers, etc., etc. We'd love to see examples, hear about
experiences, etc.

best,
Kim