Is it alive?

Marcus Denker marcus
Fri Apr 18 14:54:26 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 10:11:41AM +0200, Benjamin Kunst wrote:
> Is ist alive?
Yes!

Seeing your email you might be interested in what is happening
in Germany:

squeakland-de Mailinglist

(side-note: This list was set up because we (Markus Gaelli and myself)
 got asked to do a short article about Squeak for a german book about
 "Free Software in Schools". The interesting thing is that this book
 is published by a german federal government agency
 (http://www.bpb.de/die_bpb/PE8IKY,,0,The_Federal_Agency_for_Civic_Education.html)
 and will be available at allmost no cost (EUR 1.50). The book isn't
 released yet, but it should get released later this year.)

German Squeak Association: Squeak Deutschland e.V.i.Gr.

We (some squeakers from germany) have started to set up
a non-profit, member-based local organisation to support
Squeak use and development in germany.

We are not yet officialy registerd, but we hope to have
something going early next year.

More information (in German): http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeak-ev

A short description in english was posted to the squeak-dev list:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeakfoundation/2002-July/000504.html

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org