conversion files and older projects

John Voiklis voiklis
Fri Apr 18 14:54:32 PDT 2003

Hello Michael,

I don't know  if this question requires more time to answer or if you guys
are just busy or if the message was lost in the shuffle; while any and all
reasons are excusable, I am resending this message in the hope that it lands
nearer the top of the pile.

Best,

John

----------------------

Hello Michael,

> would you be willing to send me one or more examples? Or
> point me to a location to download from?

The easiest to find examples are those on Bob's Super Swiki (though most of
those were probably written in the Squeak.org version). I havn't really had
problems with Squeakland projects.

> Did you try to load the projects with the squeak.org
> Squeak or the Squeakland one?

I use both, but I am more concerned with backward compatability in the
Squeakland version (that version is the one I use for professional
purposes). I understand the size-reducing, built-in limitations in the
Squeakland version, but, with a bit of debugging, I find that my problems
have been more due to obsolete or updated classes rather than missing
classes.

I see this as my shortcoming as a useer/programmer rather than a shortcoming
in Squeak; nonetheless, I would love some general pointers on how to update
projects or build backward compatabilty into the image...even if it leads to
some bloating.

Thanks,
John